Why study MEng (Hons) Engineering at BU?
- Applicants for this programme must be employed in a relevant role in the Engineering industry
- Subjects are taught by flexible learning, and you will be supported throughout your study with discussion forums
- Tailor your studies with a number of core units complemented by option units, to suit the needs of your employer and your long-term career plans
- In years 1 and 2, you will cover such as advanced stress and vibration, business development, manufacturing operations, mechatronics, and computational engineering
- Deepen your knowledge at MEng level, through subjects such as project management, design management, life cycle analysis, and materials failure and prevention
- The MEng level takes four years to complete on a part-time basis, although you can opt to graduate after two years with a BEng (Hons) Engineering award.
Engineers are constantly in demand and this course will give you all the skills and knowledge you require to do well in this varied and fascinating sector. When you graduate from the Engineering (Top-up) (Hons) course at Bournemouth University , you'll be equipped to take on a range of engineering roles across the manufacturing and engineering sectors and our graduate employment record in this field is excellent, with 90% of our students in work or further study within six months of finishing their course.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Engineering
- Business Development
- Advanced Stress & Vibration
- Manufacturing Operations
- Computational Engineering
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Electrical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 455 other Bachelors in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Foundation degree or HND with Merit or above in a required subject.
Required subjects: Engineering discipline accredited to EngTech or partial IEng.
Students who have successfully completed the FdEng, FdSc Engineering (Mechanical Design, Manufacturing Management or Electronic Design) programmes at Bournemouth & Poole College with a minimum classification of Merit will be eligible to apply for entry with advanced standing to the Level 6 of the MEng (Hons) Engineering programme at Bournemouth University and credited with 120 credits at Level 4 and 120 credits at Level 5.
Applicants must be employed in a relevant role in the Engineering industry.
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with minimum 5.5 in each of the 4 components or equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
National4625 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4625 GBP per year during 48 months.
Your tuition fees will be the same for each year of your course.
Living costs for Bournemouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.