The goal of medicinal chemistry is to support the search for new drugs to treat conditions such as heart disease, obesity and cancer. You’ll work in well-equipped laboratories and be taught by a team of engaging academics who deliver a course that consistently achieves excellent levels of student satisfaction.
The industrial placement year provides a fantastic opportunity for you to gain invaluable work experience, and takes place between your second and third year of study with us. You will gain directly transferable skills for the job market, which will give you a headstart when applying for jobs after graduation; you may even meet your future employers!
Jobs that a graduate of this course in Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry with Industrial Placement Year (Hons) at Keele University could go on to do:
- Research Scientist
- Clinical Biochemist
- Forensic Scientist
- Clinical Research Associate
- Analytical Chemist
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- During Years 1 and 2 you are encouraged to choose the following electives which will improve your knowledge of human physiology and biochemical processes – Biology of the Human Organism, and Sex and Survival.
- In Year 3, you will also undertake a Synoptic Topics in Chemistry module.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesChemistry Human Medicine Biochemistry View 512 other Masters in Biochemistry in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
A LEVEL REQUIREMENTS
- A Level requirement BBC
- A level Chemistry at grade B or above.
- A Pass in the Chemistry Science Practical is required.
- Maths at C (or 4)
- English Lang/Lit at C (or 4)
- BTEC requirements DDM
- You must have taken Chemistry units, please contact us for advice
- 30 points to include Higher Level Chemistry at 6 or above.
- Obtain Access to Higher Education Diploma with 112 UCAS Tariff points including a minimum of 30 Level 3 credits at Distinction in Chemistry related units.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17000 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Keele
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.