Over the three years of the Cell and Tissue Engineering (Hons) at Keele University , you will create a solid foundation in biomedical disciplines that will allow you to understand the fundamentals of stem cell biology, biomaterials, tissue engineering, regenerative medicine and nanotechnology.
You will work in the laboratory to experience the discovery potentials of stem cell differentiation, 3D-bioprinting, bioreactor, genome editing technologies and high throughput sequencing; cutting-edge tools that are assisting in the significant acceleration of the biological research and transformation of medicine.
On a global scale, the field of cells and tissue engineering seems poised for some rapid advances that may transform treatment and diagnostic approaches. By creating this specialised workforce that will respond to the future demands for alternative regenerative drugs, this course is valuable to students wishing to enter the biotechnology, pharmaceutical or regenerative medicine sectors or to progress into specialist clinical training.
The course is also ideal to students that wish to continue their studies and register for a PhD.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Molecular Biology and Genetics
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Biochemistry & Cell Biology
- Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine
- Molecular Biotechnology
- Immunology & Immunotherapy
- Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biology General Engineering & Technology View 858 other Bachelors in Biology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
A Level Requirements
- To include A Level Chemistry or Biology at grade B or above.
- Subjects not included: Dual award Applied Science, Critical Thinking, General Studies, Maths and Further Maths in combination. Media Studies only accepted with both Chemistry and Biology
- Mathematics at C (or 4)
- English Language/Literature at Grade C (or 4)
- DMM from approved module list
- 28 points to include Higher Level Chemistry or Biology at 6
Access to HE Diploma Requirements
- Obtain Access to Higher Education Diploma with 104 UCAS Tariff points including a minimum of 15 Level 3 credits at Distinction. 15 Level 3 credits in Biology or Chemistry are required. Please contact Admissions for advice
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Keele
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
The following scholarships may be targeted at specific countries, subjects and talent areas. In some cases you may be required to make an independent application, for others the scholarship will be awarded automatically.
- KEELE INTERNATIONAL EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIP (UG)
£2,500 per year for students exceeding published entry requirements.
- DEVELOPING COUNTRIES SCHOLARSHIP (UG)
£1,000 per year for students who are nationals of the least developed, low and lower middle income countries (as defined by the World Bank).
- US FEDERAL STUDENT LOANS
Keele University is certified to award Federal Stafford and PLUS loans. Federal Direct Loans are provided by the US government.
- ARTICLE 26 ASYLUM SEEKER BURSARY
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.