Biology and Geography (Hons) at Keele University focuses on the amazing world of organisms – from how they’ve evolved to their relationships with the environment and each other. Keele takes a broad approach to biology, examining the diversity of life and its evolution from the geological past. You’ll consider a range of biological concepts which may include the complexity of biological processes and mechanisms at molecular, cellular, organismal and ecosystem levels, and the related philosophical and ethical issues. You’ll engage in activities to strengthen your skillset which may include sampling, recording and analysing data in the field and in our well-equipped labs.
Biology at Keele offers both breadth and depth of knowledge, preparing you for a range of directly or indirectly related careers. You might work as a research scientist, as an environmental consultant, conservationist, in quality control areas of the food industry, in the pharmaceutical industry or as a scientific writer. If you choose to do an Applied Life Sciences Placement you’ll graduate with the advantage of a significant level of work experience in biology to take to potential employers.
- Education First
- Environmental Agency
- ESF Consultants
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Physiology and Anatomy
- Fundamentals of Biology
- Core Practical Skills
- Human Geographies
- Academic, Professional and Fieldwork Skills
- Climate Change: The Scientific and Societal Context
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeography Biology Natural Sciences View 252 other Bachelors in Natural Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
A Level Requirements
- A Level requirement ABC/BBB
- To include one Science A-level. Science subjects include: Applied Science, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Environmental Science, Food Science/Technology, Further Maths, Geography, Geology, Human Biology, Maths, Physics, Psychology, Sports Science and Statistics.
- Maths at C (or 4)English at C (or 4)
- BTEC requirements DDM in a Science based subject
- 30 points to include a Higher Level Science at 5
Access to HE Diploma Requirements
- Obtain Access to Higher Education Diploma with 122 UCAS Tariff points including 30 Level 3 credits at Distinction. You must also have taken sufficient Science credits, please contact us for advice.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17900 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Keele
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
The following scholarships may be targeted at specific countries, subjects and talent areas. In some cases you may be required to make an independent application, for others the scholarship will be awarded automatically.
- KEELE INTERNATIONAL EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIP (UG)
£2,500 per year for students exceeding published entry requirements.
- DEVELOPING COUNTRIES SCHOLARSHIP (UG)
£1,000 per year for students who are nationals of the least developed, low and lower middle income countries (as defined by the World Bank).
- US FEDERAL STUDENT LOANS
Keele University is certified to award Federal Stafford and PLUS loans. Federal Direct Loans are provided by the US government.
- ARTICLE 26 ASYLUM SEEKER BURSARY
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.