- One of the few programmes in the UK to combine politics and geography
- You’ll join an intentionally small community of students allowing you to actively discuss and debate your ideas and work closely with academic staff
- Get involved with the Politics and Geography student societies, make friends, attend beach BBQ’s, conservation volunteering, surf trips and hear from guest speakers
- You’ll develop an understanding of the central problems of change and uncertainty in contemporary political and ecological systems that will be valued by public, private and third sectors employers
As a graduate of the Politics and Geography programme from The University of Exeter you will not only have an understanding of complex political and cultural issues, often in continually changing environments, but also an appreciation for how geography impacts on policy in areas such as sustainability, settlement and space and governance. Throughout your studies you will also develop a range of professional, academic and personal skills including:
- Analytical, critical and independent thinking
- Independent research
- Problem solving
- Discussion and group work
- Collecting, assessing and presenting evidence
- Written and verbal communication
- Articulating ideas and constructing arguments
- Organising, planning and time management
- Data gathering
- Report production and presentation (written and oral)
- Approaches to Geographical Knowledge
- The Geography of Cornwall
- Key Concepts in Politics and International Relations
- Political Communication
- Political Analysis
- Political Geographies: Local to Global
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeography Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Political Science View 124 other Bachelors in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A-Level AAB - ABB
- IB 34/665-32/655
- BTEC DDD - DDM
- GCSE C or 4 English Language
- A-Level: BBB-BBC
- IB: 30-28
- BTEC: DDM-DMM
International20000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Exeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.