We are fascinated by the way people inhabit existing and new spaces, both at the scale of the home and at the scale of the city.
As you progress through this Interior Architecture and Design (Hons) at London Metropolitan University , you'll develop your own individual enquiry, creative approach, critical thinking and deepen your understanding of design processes. We encourage you to combine intellectual and creative ambition with detailed resolution of your work and to test how to communicate your ideas effectively to your peers and in the wider world.
Where this course can take you
The collaborative nature of this course prepares you to work with confidence as a specialist in design or architectural practice where interacting with other professionals and construction industry processes requires a range of skills and experience beyond the purely creative.
Recent graduates have been employed by design companies including Brinkworth, Casson Mann, Claudio Silvestrin, Conran Design Group and Softroom.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Critical & Contextual Studies 2 (Interiors)
- Design Details
- Human Scale
- Interior Technologies and Production
- Integrated Design Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Design Interior Design View 570 other Bachelors in Design in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
In addition to the University's standard entry requirements, you should have:
- a minimum of grades BBC in three A levels from relevant subject areas in the arts, humanities and social sciences (or a minimum of 112 UCAS points from an equivalent Level 3 qualification, eg BTEC National Diploma in an art related subject with DDM and at least five merits in the final year, excluding common skills entry from appropriate Foundation and Access and courses will also be considered) plus a portfolio review
- GCSE English grade C (grade 4) or above (or equivalent)
Students must pass a portfolio interview where they'll be required to demonstrate an interest in, aptitude for and knowledge of the field of architecture, or where not possible submit portfolio of art and design work for review.
Please be aware that digital portfolios cannot be viewed at the interview.
- The interview day includes a general introduction to the course, a tour of the facilities
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
- UK: £2,310 per 30 credits
- Int: £3,625 per 30 credits
Living costs for City of London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.