As you progress through this specialist programme you’ll acquire the skills to assess, plan, design and develop secure and reliable networks and systems.During your studies on this Computer Networking and Cloud Security course from London Metropolitan University , you’ll learn:
- to secure systems from hardware and software vulnerabilities and organised hacking through a Cisco and Palo Alto based skills-set
- prevention methods to both known and unknown attacks and the features of next generation firewalls, including user identification, data/URL filtering and denial of service prevention
Supported by training in its theory, our practice-led approach makes use of the equipment and tools which are considered indispensable across the industry, which in turn best prepare you as you make a start on your career. This computer networking and cloud security undergraduate course will ensure you graduate with the relevant skills for your next job, but it doesn’t stop there. You’ll also have a range of stimulating optional modules to choose from. Then there’s our Network Academy, which provides the opportunity to gain additional professional qualifications (Cisco and Palo Alto certification).
This degree is career-focused and vocational elements are integrated within the course content. With these skills you’ll hit the ground running to begin your career in the exciting and growing field of cyber security operations!
Where this course can take you
This course will give you the key skills, knowledge and experience needed to succeed in the networking and security industry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Communications Engineering
- Computer Hardware and Software Architecture
- Electronics Systems
- Networking Concepts (CCNA1 and 2)
- Hardware Infrastructure Security
- LAN & WAN (CCNA 3 & 4)
- Network Operating Systems
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences IT Security Cyber Security View 1061 other Bachelors in Computer Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
In addition to the University's standard entry requirements, you should have:
- a minimum grades CCD, one of which must be from a relevant subject (or a minimum of 88 UCAS points from an equivalent Level 3 qualification, eg BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma/Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Progression Diploma or Access to HE Diploma of 60 credits)
- English Language and Mathematics GCSE at grade C/4 or above
If you don't have traditional qualifications or can't meet the entry requirements for this undergraduate degree may still be able to gain entry by completing our Computer Networking and Cloud Security (including foundation year) BSc (Hons) degree.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15576 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15576 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
- UK: £2,310 per 30 credits
- Int: £3,894 per 30 credits
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.