The Psychology major at University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC) provides a firm foundation for students interested in graduate study and a range of careers and professions. The Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree is designed for students with an interest in human behavior, social and community services, personality theories, developmental issues and a wide variety of other focus areas. The Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree focuses on an interdisciplinary approach and is designed for students with an interest in research and the biological aspects of human and animal behavior. The additional credits in biology, chemistry, mathematics, research and science-oriented psychology courses will enhance an undergraduate’s readiness for graduate study and careers in medicine, research, health care, public policy, law and a multitude of other fields. A Minor in Psychology is also offered.
Students majoring in Psychology (either B.A. or B.S. degree) may choose to complete a Specialization, which provides depth and breadth of knowledge in a particular area of Psychology. These carefully developed curricula are designed to prepare students interested in bachelor-level careers with skills that can enhance their occupational opportunities, and to provide training for advanced studies in these and allied areas. Specializations are offered in Biopsychology; Developmental Psychology; Diversity, Inclusion, and Multicultural Psychology; and Human Services Psychology. Additionally, the department sponsors a University Certificate program in Industrial-Organizational Psychology of the Workplace, which is open to all students.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Psychology of Learning
- Physiological Psychology
- Sensation and Perception
- Psychology: Exploring the Discipline and Careers
- Social Psychology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Special Education View 1715 other Bachelors in Psychology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- If you have or are currently earning your high school/secondary school diploma or equivalent but have not earned college credits at the university level AFTER earning your diploma, you should apply to UMBC as a first-year student.
- We weigh a number of factors in making admission decisions. In addition to grade point average and standardized test scores, the strength of your curriculum, class rank, and other achievements as well as your essay will be considered. We expect applicants to have completed a strong college preparatory program of study from an accredited high school/secondary school.
- If you have attended a postsecondary institution, such as a college or university, outside the United States, submit course by course credentials evaluated through one of the following evaluation services.
- Documents in languages other than English must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International28470 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28470 USD per year during 48 months.
National28470 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28470 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12280 USD per year during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.