The Department offers students theoretical and practical encounters with dynamic and complex changes in communication, culture, and knowledge. The core of the curriculum emphasizes reading, composition, and reflection within the liberal arts tradition.
Our curriculum focuses on communication skills, a critical understanding of the media, and the use of relevant new technologies. Media and Communication Studies at University of Maryland Baltimore County comprises critical media literacy, intercultural communication, and new media and applied communication to prepare students to enter the communities and workplaces of the 21st century.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Media Literacy
- Professional Communication and Development
- Methods in Media and Communication Studies
- History and Theory of Mass Communication and Media Studies
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Media Studies & Mass Media View 973 other Bachelors in Communication Sciences in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed UMBC Undergraduate Admissions Application
- A $75 nonrefundable application fee.
- An official or attested copy of your current high school transcript/academic record including an English translation.
- Official results of completion of state/national secondary school examinations.
- A final high school transcript/leaving certificate upon completion of your senior year.
- All non-native English speakers must submit official test scores
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24338 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12169 USD per semester during 48 months.
National24338 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12169 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State8704 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4352 USD per semester during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.