Global Studies undergraduate majors at the University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC) travel the world to study languages and cultures, on campus they study the global-local nexus and work on many projects, including the cultivation of urban green spaces and the resettlement of refugee families in Baltimore.
What is an internship?
As an intern, you have the opportunity to apply what you have learned in the classroom within a professional environment. Internships can be part-time or full-time positions where you work at least 120 hours over the course of the semester or summer (at least 8-10 hours per week).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Global Flows in Local Worlds: The Anthropology of Globalization
- The Global Economy
- World Regions: Contemporary International Issues
- Global Environmental Change
- Women, Gender and Globalization
- Global Issues in Health and Disease
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics International Relations View 1593 other Bachelors in Economics in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- If you have or are currently earning your high school/secondary school diploma or equivalent but have not earned college credits at the university level AFTER earning your diploma, you should apply to UMBC as a first-year student.
- We weigh a number of factors in making admission decisions. In addition to grade point average and standardized test scores, the strength of your curriculum, class rank, and other achievements as well as your essay will be considered. We expect applicants to have completed a strong college preparatory program of study from an accredited high school/secondary school.
- If you have attended a postsecondary institution, such as a college or university, outside the United States, submit course by course credentials evaluated through one of the following evaluation services.
- Documents in languages other than English must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International28470 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28470 USD per year during 48 months.
National28470 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28470 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12280 USD per year during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.