The curriculum encourages a rigorous handling of thought processes combined with inquiries springing from the traditional through the transitional and emerging media. The emergence of new multifaceted word and image forms opens the way for informed expression solidly built on curiosity, honest work and the need to reason and create. The faculty allows for the intellectual, intuitive, and perceptual approaches to problem solving, all balanced on the fundamental belief that effective communication, not style, is the desired goal.
Although the Graphic Design concentration at University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC) constantly acknowledges the influence and significance of new technologies in education, the question of essential sources for creative formative work is addressed through attention to development in the following areas: mark-making, reading, and writing.
What can I do with a degree in Graphic Design?
Graphic design involves using words and images to visually communicate ideas. There are many career options available in all areas of the creative field. See some of these sites for further information;
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Graphic Design I: Image, Sign and Symbol
- Design and Technology
- Graphic Design IV: Word and Image
- Origins and Issues in Design
- Motion Design
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Graphic Design View 1087 other Bachelors in Design in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- If you have or are currently earning your high school/secondary school diploma or equivalent but have not earned college credits at the university level AFTER earning your diploma, you should apply to UMBC as a first-year student.
- We weigh a number of factors in making admission decisions. In addition to grade point average and standardized test scores, the strength of your curriculum, class rank, and other achievements as well as your essay will be considered. We expect applicants to have completed a strong college preparatory program of study from an accredited high school/secondary school.
- If you have attended a postsecondary institution, such as a college or university, outside the United States, submit course by course credentials evaluated through one of the following evaluation services.
- Documents in languages other than English must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International28470 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28470 USD per year during 48 months.
National28470 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28470 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12280 USD per year during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.