The International Foundation Diploma course at the Arts University Bournemouth is ideal for students who are unable to commence a one-year Foundation course in September, or those who would like to expand and tailor their portfolio for HE progression whilst gaining valuable academic study skills and improving their English communication and language skills.
- Fast-track, preparatory programme, January start
- Gain the widely recognised UAL Foundation Diploma in Art and Design (Level 3)
- Small group tuition with a high level of tutor contact time
- Blended learning approach: studios sessions, online lectures, creative tutorials, self-guided study projects and group discussions
- Specialist technical workshops in a variety of creative subjects
- Preparation for Academic Study sessions
- English Language tuition (optional)
- Guaranteed place on a BA degree at AUB upon IFD completion
- £9,000 Progression bursary to support your BA studies (£3,000 p.a.)
- You'll explore different creative approaches before choosing the specialism you wish to pursue at degree level. Delivered through a blended learning approach. the course includes practical workshops and studio sessions as well as lectures, creative tutorials, individual and collaborative projects and group discussions. The course aims to develop your ability to learn independently – an essential skill for further study – so you'll be encouraged to experiment, take risks and be ambitious in your thinking and ideas.
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Visual Arts Liberal Arts View 805 other programmes in Liberal Arts in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To study on the Foundation course, you’ll need:
- 5 GCSE or IGCSE passes at Grade C/Grade 4 or above. These should include a relevant Art, Design or Media subject and must include Maths and English.
Due to recent changes in government funding, home and EU applicants who are under 19 when the course starts must hold GCSE/IGCSE Grade C/4 or above in English and Maths to be able to enrol onto this course.
If a student does not have IGCSE/ GCSE Maths and English at Grade C/4 or above and they are under 19, then we will not receive funding.
We are unable to accept Functional Skills, Key Skills or ALAN (Adult Literacy and Numeracy) tests in place of Maths or English from applicants who will be under 19 when the course starts.
If you are an applicant from the EU, you must also hold equivalent Level 2 qualifications in Maths, as assessed by NARIC, and an appropriate English Language qualification.
International14250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14250 GBP per year during 6 months.
National5421 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5421 GBP per year during 6 months.
Living costs for Bournemouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.