The equipment they design is used to distribute electrical energy (including 'Smart Grid' technologies for renewable energy sources), and also supports many manufacturing industries. Electrical engineering technologies now enable more-electric and full electric transport such as hybrid and electric vehicles, trains, ships and even aircraft.
All our electrical and electronic courses have the same content in year one and two so by year three, you can choose the topics that interest you. You will develop design and problem solving skills through laboratory based projects, working individually and in small teams.
With the broad range of skills acquired from this Electrical Engineering course at University of Nottingham, you will have excellent career prospects in areas including power distribution, future transport technologies (aerospace, rail, automotive) and industrial process control and automation.
This course is accredited by the Institute of Engineering and Technology.
- Applied Electrical and Electronic Engineering Construction Project
- Engineering Mathematics
- Information Systems
- Power and Energy
- Contemporary Engineering Themes
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- The final deadline is 30 June. However, as admission to our courses is competitive, students should aim to apply by 26 January if possible.
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology General Engineering & Technology View 399 other Bachelors in Electronics & Embedded Technology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Nottingham and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- IB score IB 36-32 inc 5/6 in Higher Level maths or 6/7 in Standard Level maths and 5/6 at Higher Level in one of biology, chemistry or physics. We also accept the following IB Mathematics courses: Mathematics: Analysis and Approaches = 5/6 at Higher Level or 6/7 at Standard Level, and Mathematics: Applications and Interpretation = 5/6 at Higher Level only.
- IELTS 6.0 (no less than 5.5 in any element)
- High school qualifications Check our country-specific information for guidance on qualifications from your country
- A level offer AAA-ABB including maths and one of electronics, physics, biology, chemistry, Design and Technology (D&T): Systems Control or Design Technology: Design Engineering excluding citizenship studies, critical thinking and general studies.
International26500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26500 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Nottingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.