Russian and Contemporary Chinese Studies at University of Nottingham gives you a unique opportunity to practise your language skills and enhance your understanding of Russian and Chinese cultures.
Alongside your language courses in Russian and Mandarin, you will choose from a wide range of optional modules in Russian and Chinese history, culture and society, which begin at introductory level and become more specialised as the course progresses. The breadth of research expertise in these subjects means we are able to offer our students an exceptionally broad choice.
By the end of this course you will have attained a high level of expertise in Russian, an advanced level in Mandarin and a broad knowledge of the culture and history of China and Russia.
Your international experience will prove to employers that you are adaptable and independent, and your transferable skills will include critical analysis and effective communication.
- Screening Russia: Film and Society from the Tsars to Putin
- Repression and Resistance: Dissidents and Exiles in Russian Culture
- Serbian / Croatian 1: Beginners
- The History and Culture of Early Rus' c.800-1400
- History of Yugoslavia and Successor States since 1941
- European Silent Cinema
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- The final deadline is 30 June. However, as admission to our courses is competitive, students should aim to apply by 26 January if possible.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Languages Linguistics View 739 other Bachelors in Linguistics in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- IB score: 32; 5 in Russian at Higher level or 6 at Standard Level (B Programme)
- B in Russian or B in Mandarin at A level
International20000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20000 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Nottingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.