The Communication and Information Studies - English Language and Communication Studies programme at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam gives you plenty of opportunities to shape your own curriculum and follow your interests.
For example, you can spend the semester allotted to your minor in year 3 at a university in an English-speaking country. Alternatively, you might choose to apply your knowledge of English in an internship.VU Amsterdam is an international university located at Amsterdam’s Zuidas, the city’s main business district, which is home to many multinational companies and close to Schiphol Airport. This makes it the ideal place for a programme focused on the central role of English in society.
Join VU Amsterdam for an online Taster Day! During this event, you will get a taste of what life is like as a student at our university. You will get to know one specific Bachelor's programme and find out what you can expect in terms of the content. There is also an opportunity to meet students who are currently following the programme.
On-demand Bachelor’s day
Did you miss the Online Bachelor's Day on February 6? With a My Study Choice account, you can get access to the open day platform from February and view the various study programme videos!
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- English Language Test Faculty of Humanities
- Orientation Module CIS
- Academic English CIW-L&S Grammar
- Academic Skills CIS
- Language, Media and Communication
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
- Numerus Fixus: 15 January
- Non-EU/EEA students: 1 April
- National students, EU/EEA students and students who do not need a study visa/residence permit through VU Amsterdam: 1 May
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Language Studies Languages View 16 other Masters in Language Studies in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Transcript of records; a transcript in English of the grades obtained over the final two years of your high school and any further education up to the moment of your application. IB and A-level applicants are asked to upload their predicted grades.
- A scan of your diploma (if you have already graduated).
- Curriculum Vitae; the curriculum vitae should include your personal details and list your previous education and relevant work experience (± 1-2 pages).
- English language test results (if already obtained).
- Copy of valid passport or ID (ID for EEA students only).
International8870 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8870 EUR per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2168 EUR per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.