Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam’s Artificial Intelligence programme is unique in that we offer two separate tracks that specialise in the two different sides of Artificial Intelligence. Whether you choose the Intelligent Systems track or the Socially Aware Computing track, you’ll get a thorough understanding of how AI applies in our world.
So that means not just delving into the code that powers machine learning, but also looking at the psychology behind the ways we use AI and the social impact of technological solutions.
Almost all organisations benefit from intelligent use of computers – the world is your oyster. Graduates from the Artificial Intelligence programme have no problem finding a job, which means that some students are now choosing to take a year off after their Bachelor’s to travel or work abroad, before either starting their Master’s or embarking on their careers.
Join VU Amsterdam for an online Taster Day! During this event, you will get a taste of what life is like as a student at our university. You will get to know one specific Bachelor's programme and find out what you can expect in terms of the content. There is also an opportunity to meet students who are currently following the programme.
On-demand Bachelor’s day
Did you miss the Online Bachelor's Day on February 6? With a My Study Choice account, you can get access to the open day platform from February and view the various study programme videos!
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computational Thinking
- English Language Test
- Intelligent Systems
- Project Intelligent Systems
- Dynamic Modelling for Human-Centered Systems
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
- Numerus Fixus: 15 January
- Non-EU/EEA students: 1 April
- National students, EU/EEA students and students who do not need a study visa/residence permit through VU Amsterdam: 1 May
DisciplinesHuman Computer Interaction Artificial Intelligence Machine Learning View 3 other Masters in Machine Learning in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Transcript of records; a transcript in English of the grades obtained over the final two years of your high school and any further education up to the moment of your application. IB and A-level applicants are asked to upload their predicted grades.
- A scan of your diploma (if you have already graduated).
- Curriculum Vitae; the curriculum vitae should include your personal details and list your previous education and relevant work experience (± 1-2 pages).
- English language test results (if already obtained).
- Copy of valid passport or ID (ID for EEA students only).
International8870 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8870 EUR per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2168 EUR per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.