The great importance of materials engineering lies in the development of new processes and materials required for advanced industries. Materials engineers chooses are involved in various engineering applications; in R&D of materials from the nuclear through the molecular levels, researches, processes development and implementation, as well as product quality and reliability assurance, improves material properties, investigates product failure, applies advanced analytic methods, and manages technology.
Specialization areas include: metallurgy and metallic materials, electronic materials, ceramic materials, polymers and plastic materials, complex materials, environmental protection of materials and methods of characterizing material.
The first-tier studies focus on basic science courses (mathematics, physics, chemistry and computer science), along with introductory courses in materials engineering. The second-tier includes advanced courses, in which students acquire a sound scientific basis in the main areas of materials engineering.
The Materials Science and Engineering program at Technion - Israel Institute of Technology aims to train graduates to integrate and lead in research and development of materials and their characterization and uses for high-technology industries – from semi-conductor manufacturing, through materials for biological applications. Students will conduct senior projects in material science, in cooperation with industry and will be exposed to advanced research methods in materials science and engineering.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- This program ensures the qualification of materials engineers prepared for employment in both R&D and industrial positions.
- The first study tier focuses on basic science courses (mathematics, physics, chemistry and computer science), along with introductory courses in materials engineering.
- The second tier includes advanced courses, in which students acquire a sound scientific basis in the main areas of materials engineering, and can then specialize in some of the fields mentioned above.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 205 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in China
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed Application Form including a passport sized photo
- Health Declaration Form
- Secondary school diploma and transcripts covering three years (students should have a strong background in math/science. A background in Physics is mandatory)
- Two teacher recommendation letters
- Standardized test (SAT or ACT or AST) according to the student's country of origin
- Personal statement
- Students who are non-native English speakers must also submit English proficiency test scores, either TOEFL or IELTS.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 USD per year during 48 months.
National15000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 USD per year during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.