This Cybersecurity Fundamentals MicroBachelor from New York University - NYUx will teach you core cybersecurity competencies including information security, network security and penetration testing.
This exposure will allow the student to better understand the different opportunities available for employment in the cybersecurity sector. Demand for cybersecurity is exploding in both the United States and worldwide.
The courses will utilize both python scripting and tool usage to give the students hands-on experience penetrating and defending systems. In addition to the applied cybersecurity labs, students will also gain an understanding of the complexity in defending business systems both today and in the future.
Students looking for careers in information technology, risk management, cyber defense, cyber threats, cybercrime, digital forensics, incident response, IT Security, computer networking, cybersecurity risks, information assurance, intrusion detection, risk assessment, security analysis, and vulnerability management can all benefit from the material in the courses.
What you will learn
- Apply a security mindset while remaining ethical.
- Implement security design principles.
- Explain the core concepts of access control.
- Implement reference monitors.
- Apply security policies that are commonly used in modern operating systems.
- Analyze the security of a basic secure system.
- Explain virtualization and the impact on security and efficiency.
- Think and work like an ethical penetration tester, implementing a repeatable and mature methodology that is tailored for each assessment.
- With a given target, successfully identify vulnerabilities, score their risk, and explain mitigations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Information Security - Introduction to Information Security
- Information Security - Authentication and Access Control
- Information Security - Advanced topics
- Network Security - Introduction to Network Security
- Network Security - Protocols
- Network Security - Advanced Topics
- Penetration Testing - Discovering Vulnerabilities
- Penetration Testing - Exploitation
- Penetration Testing - Post Exploitation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 8 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Terrorism & Security Cyber Security View 168 other Masters in Cyber Security in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1344 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1344 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National1344 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1344 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.