The Science and Engineering - Computing and Electrical Engineering program at Tampere University has two tracks: Computing and Electrical Engineering, and Natural Sciences and Mathematics.The major subjects available in the Computing and Electrical Engineering track are
- Signal Processing and Machine Learning
- Software Development
- Power Engineering
- Communications Engineering
- Electronics and Embedded Systems
We offer our students high-quality teaching in relatively small, multicultural study groups where teamwork is strongly supported. In addition to providing a sound theoretical basis for further studies in the field of technology, the programme places special emphasis on internationality, employability and connections to industry. With this unique combination, our students are well-prepared for the international world of research and industry.
Students who complete the Bachelor’s Programme in Science and Engineering receive a Bachelor's degree and a well-rounded education that opens up a wide range of career options. By carefully selecting the courses counted towards your Bachelor's degree to suit your preferred Master's programme, you can set a direction for your future career. Our graduates have career opportunities, for example, in research and development in industry and in academic research and teaching.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- During the first year of your Bachelor’s studies, you will attend introductory courses and basic courses in key subjects that are important to all engineering students regardless of their major. These include mathematics, physics, chemistry, industrial management, programming and languages. You will progress onto major and minor studies in your second and third year.
- We are committed to investing in new and innovative learning environments and encourage the use of new technological solutions to continuously develop the quality of teaching and learning. The Bachelor’s Programme in Science and Engineering makes use of various teaching methods. Courses often consist of a combination of lectures, seminars, laboratory work, tutorials, group work, assignments, independent study and an examination.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- 180 ECTS for Bachelor
- 120 ECTS for Master
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering General Engineering & Technology Machine Learning View 4 other Bachelors in Electrical Engineering in Finland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- the Finnish matriculation examination taken at the end of the general upper secondary school
- vocational qualifications of three years or more in duration
- the International Baccalaureate
- European Baccalaureate
- a Finnish vocational upper secondary qualification or a further or specialist vocational qualification as a competence-based qualification, or a comparable previous qualification
- those foreign qualifications which provide eligibility for university entrance in the country in which they are awarded.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Tampere
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.