Why study BA (Hons) Multimedia Sports Journalism at BU?
- Take part in authentic news days and provide extensive coverage of local sports including AFC Bournemouth and other clubs
- Graduate equipped to become a sports and convergence specialist and trained to be agile enough to respond to new technologies and consumer/audience behaviours
- Showcase your sports journalism to the public via our online platform BUzz, BU’s campus radio station, Nerve magazine and your own social media channels and websites
- Make invaluable industry connections during a four- or 30-week placement with national and regional media organisations
- Learn from experienced professionals including senior industry guest speakers and our successful alumni
- BU is ranked 15th for the best UK universities for journalism, publishing, and PR (The best UK universities 2022 league table - The Guardian).
The 24-hour news cycle has changed the way that sports journalists work and report. This course prepares you for a job in this field, where you will be expected to work across a range of channels and use a variety of mediums.
The Multimedia Sports Journalism (with Foundation Year option) (Hons) programme from Bournemouth University will prepare you for a wide variety of positions, depending on the area in which you want to specialise.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- News and Storytelling
- Broadcast Journalism
- Journalism and Society
- Research for Journalism
- Media Law
- Digital Storytelling
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesJournalism Media Studies & Mass Media Sports Sciences View 616 other Bachelors in Media Studies & Mass Media in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
For September 2023 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM.
Foundation year: 48-72 UCAS tariff points.
Please see below some examples of the qualifications for entry onto Year 1:
- Chinese Senior High School Graduation Certificate (Huikao) average 80%, or Gaokao 61-71%. Grade depends on the course
- Hong Kong HKDSE Diploma (4,4,3 to 4,4,4 from three subjects). Grade depends on the course
- All India Senior School Certificate Examination (Standard XII) 60-70%
- Italian Esame di Stato with 60-70%. Grade depends on the course
- Titulo de Bachillerato with 6 or 7. Grade depends on the course
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16250 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Fees are for 2023 entry. Your tuition fees will be the same for each year of your course. Fees during your placement year (if applicable): £1,850.
Living costs for Bournemouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.