Students of the Child, Youth, And Family Studies at Portland State University earn to situate children and young people in current and historical social, political, and cultural contexts while developing the skills to practice effectively in youth work, education, social work, hospital, child welfare, early childhood, and other settings centering children, youth, and families.
You can go in many different directions with a degree in Child, Youth, and Family Studies. Our innovative interdisciplinary program will equip you with a blend of professional preparation and academic rigor.
Through 300 hours of hands-on practicum experience, you will develop both practical professional skills and build relationships with education and social service professionals that will help you achieve your career goals. With a CYFS degree, you join a long list of other values-driven change agents including:
- Early childhood educators
- Elementary and secondary educators
- Special educators
- Human services professionals, case managers, and counselors
- Outreach workers
- Residential care treatment providers
- Child welfare workers
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- ABCs of ECE
- Youth and Youth Work
- Working with Diverse Families
- Queer Families
- Sex & the Family
- American Families in Film and Television
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Social Work Early Childhood Education View 273 other Bachelors in Family & Consumer Science in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- To enroll as a freshman (first year), you must have completed secondary school or high school. Your education must be equivalent to United States secondary school or high school education.
- You must have a cumulative (overall) grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.5 when converted to the U.S. 4.0 grading scale.
- Meet the English Language Proficiency Requirement. You may be admitted to Portland State University and an Intensive English Language Program (IELP) pathway if you do not meet PSU's English Language Proficiency Requirement. Learn more about PSU’s English language programs.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International29286 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29286 USD per year during 48 months.
National29286 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29286 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State10386 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10386 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Portland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.