Additionally students explore the role of law enforcement and examine corrections and rehabilitation strategies to determine what methods work best to keep offenders from repeating their mistakes and communities safe. Overall, students will get an in depth look at the professions, policy, and challenges of crime and justice in American society, while pointing to tools to develop solutions.
Career opportunities can span from politics to business, investigations, law enforcement agencies, nonprofit leadership, and beyond. Apply your knowledge and skillset to become a leader in whatever area you choose.
Jobs in the criminology and criminal justice include police officers, deputies, probation/parole officers, correctional officers, private security, prosecutors, defense attorneys, judges, magistrates and legal assistants, victim advocates, case managers, federal law enforcement, policy, and crime analysts.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Policing in America
- Punishment and Corrections
- American Courts
- Theories of Crime & Justice
- Crime Control Strategies
- Crime Analysis
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCriminal Law Legal Studies Criminology View 537 other Bachelors in Criminology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- To enroll as a freshman (first year), you must have completed secondary school or high school. Your education must be equivalent to United States secondary school or high school education.
- You must have a cumulative (overall) grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.5 when converted to the U.S. 4.0 grading scale.
- Meet the English Language Proficiency Requirement. You may be admitted to Portland State University and an Intensive English Language Program (IELP) pathway if you do not meet PSU's English Language Proficiency Requirement. Learn more about PSU’s English language programs.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International29286 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29286 USD per year during 48 months.
National29286 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29286 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State10386 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10386 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Portland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.