The OHSU-PSU School of Public Health is an innovative structure, in which we bring the best of two universities to you. Our design is a product of our innovative spirit and values: we bring that approach to you, working to chart your path into clinical, educational, policy, and direct-service health careers.
With three specialized focus areas (Fitness and Exercise, Health Coaching, and Fitness for Special Populations), we provide you with a core foundation in public health and specialized skills in exercise science that positions you to excel in the career path you seek.
Our alumni build careers in the fitness industry, corporate wellness, and in recreation facilities, as well as in health coaching. They are also well prepared to enter into graduate teacher education programs to earn licensure to teach physical education in a school setting.
With a Applied Health and Fitness program from Portland State University , alumni have found work in community- based organizations and facilities, schools, and health and rehabilitative settings, including:
- Personal Trainer
- Health and Wellness Coach
- Health and wellness program manager
- Fitness Instructor
- Fitness Center Manager
- Weight loss coach
- Sports Coach
- Physical Education teacher
- Health promotion specialist
- Health promotion program coordinator
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Physical Therapy Assistant
Portland State University is fully accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Our Community: Our Health
- Basic Biomechanics
- Research in Health and Fitness
- Nutrition for Health
- Care and Prevention of Injuries
- Communicable Diseases and Chronic Health Problems
- Applied Kinesiology
- Physiology of Exercise
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences Sports Sciences View 1355 other Bachelors in Public Health in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Portland State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- You must have a cumulative (overall) grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.5 when converted to the U.S. 4.0 grading scale.
- Meet the English Language Proficiency Requirement. You may be admitted to Portland State University and an Intensive English Language Program (IELP) pathway if you do not meet PSU's English Language Proficiency Requirement. Learn more about PSU’s English language programs.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International29706 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29706 USD per year during 48 months.
National29706 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29706 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State10806 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10806 USD per year during 48 months.
Washington Border Discount (WBD): $11,706
Living costs for Portland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.