Study at this level is designed to give students a structured musical education, for example if you have not studied music formally at Level 3 or had prior access to private music lessons.
The (Hons) Contemporary Music Performance and Production with Foundation Year course from London College of Creative Media is built so students will learn and achieve the sufficient musical, industry and study skills. It concentrates on ensuring students develop a foundation level of technique on their chosen principal instrument.
The course also provides an introduction to music theory and core performance, rehearsal and study skills.We believe this course will allow students to be fully prepared for our BMUS UG courses, as they will ensure you achieve the full set of knowledge and practical skills required to study at Level 4.
What you will learn?
- An understanding of rudimentary music theory
- Development of natural musicianship
- Essential instrumental and performance skills
- The ability to collaborate
- Key Academic Study Skills
- An understanding of core Industry skill"
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
For more information, please visit the programme's website.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A minimum of 52 UCAS points gained from at least two full Level 3 qualifications in any subject
- GCSE grade C/4 or above in Maths and English or a Level 2 equivalent (e.g. Functional Skills).
You must prove a genuine interest in music, demonstrated by one or more of the following:
- learning an instrument either taught or self-taught
- extra-curricular music activities at school, college or in the community
- performing music as a soloist, a band member or forming a band
- writing or producing music
- In addition to your application entry onto the programme will be determined by your audition and interview. All applicants meeting the minimum entry requirements and whose application demonstrates the capability to complete this programme, will be offered an audition.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.