This International Foundation in Science, Computing, Engineering and Mathematics - Electrical Power Engineering (MEng) program at Newcastle University is available to study either on campus or online – giving you the flexibility to choose what’s best for you.
If you start online in January 2022, you’ll have the opportunity to transfer to an on-campus program in March/April. You’ll need to meet any visa requirements and demonstrate good attendance and performance during your studies online.
If you’re applying for an Online Extended program, you’ll be offered an Online Academic English plus online or on-campus academic pathway study plan.
- Develop the knowledge and skills for your chosen degree through a specialist pathway.
- Guaranteed university placement for all successful students. Find out more about our money back guarantee.
- Adapt to studying in the UK thanks to modules designed to equip you with the skills you need for university.
- Guidance with your university applications, so you choose the best degree for you.
How will I be assessed?
Entry to all honours degrees at Newcastle University is highly competitive, and students hoping to progress to Newcastle must maintain high standards throughout their programme.
Whilst your grades in the Foundation programme do not count towards the final degree, your performance will be used to determine whether you meet the specified progression grades for direct entry to your chosen degree at the University. Assessment is both formal and informal.
Informally you will be given advice and feedback throughout your programme from your teachers. You will also be assessed via a combination of examinations at the end of each semester and coursework including:
- written essays
- field notebooks
- practical exercises
- group and individual research projects
- bibliographical searches
- oral and video presentations
- problem solving
Programme StructureCore Modules:
- English for Academic Purposes
- Mathematics for Physical Sciences and Engineering
- Principles of Computing
- Study Skills and ICT
- Personal and Professional Development
- 9 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Energy & Power Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 2544 other programmes in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Academic requirements: Completion of 12 years of schooling (or the local equivalent to meet the same standard) with good grades.
- English requirements:
- Standard: IELTS 5.5 (with a minimum of 4.5 in any subskill) or equivalent.
- Extended: IELTS 5.0 (with a minimum of 4.5 in all subskills) or equivalent.
- Age requirement: 16 years and above
International21395 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21395 GBP for the full programme during 9 months.
Living costs for Newcastle upon Tyne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Are you top of your class? At INTO Newcastle University, we are committed to awarding gifted international students with academic scholarships, helping them achieve their goals of studying at a world-class university in the UK.With a range of generous scholarships on offer for the highest-achieving students, you could be eligible to receive up to £20,000 towards your tuition fees.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.