As a mechanical engineer, you can design and manufacture a variety of consumer goods as well as machinery and equipment needed in industry.
Mechanical engineering studies give you a comprehensive overview of modern product design and production techniques. You will learn to utilise digital and virtual environments in design as well as take into account the principles of the entire product life cycle and circular economy. You will also understand business principles, marketing and customer needs in product development.
Mechanical engineering is for you if you are inventive, creative and passionate about developing solutions that promote sustainable development and the respect for natural resources.
Students admitted to the Mechanical Engineering programme from LUT University will receive a degree certificate from two universities after they have fulfilled the degree requirements of both universities. You will complete the entire degree in Lappeenranta, Finland.
There is a great demand in the labour market for mechanical engineering experts.
Mechanical engineering degree opens the door to a wide range of tasks: you can work in the metal or automotive industries, for example, but also in industries related to food, healthcare, energy production, transport or climate change mitigation.
You can work in management and expert positions, as a design or production engineer, or in the development of consumer goods, machinery, equipment and their parts. With a Master's degree in mechanical engineering one can also research and develop manufacturing methods and apply them to production.
Work may also involve training, research and marketing tasks, for example in industrial projects or in one's own company. Master's graduates in mechanical engineering have gone on to become:
- heads of virtual design firms
- design managers of international energy companies
- production managers of pulp and paper plants
- mechanical engineers
- quality control managers in the metal industry
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Studies in this Bachelor's programme will give you a comprehensive overview of modern product design and production techniques. The main themes of your studies are production technology, welded metal structures and mechatronics. In a mechatronic device, motion-based functions are controlled by electronics and information technology. For example, bottle return machines in stores work this way.
- Teaching is based on the basic foundations of science, i.e., mathematics and physics, which are applied to solve various technical problems. The computer-assisted learning environment is modern and emphasises creativity as well as innovation.
- You will learn to understand the physical operating principles of machines, i.e. the use of energy, the strength of materials, to know different materials, the most modern production systems and manufacturing methods.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- The next rolling admission is 1 November 2021 − 31 May 2022.
- The next regular admission is 5 − 19 January 2022.
180 + 120 ECTS credits
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 3 other Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering in Finland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Holders of any other comparable qualification on the upper secondary level of education providing you with eligibility to University-level Bachelor's studies in the country where the degree was completed in.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 EUR per year during 60 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Lappeenranta
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.