Two routes you can take to enter a University in British Columbia:
- The direct way: Heading to university right after high school graduation subject to meeting admission requirements.
- The alternative way: Students start their academic career in college and transfer to their second/third year of a bachelor’s degree Program in a University.
This alternative route represents the University Transfer Program.
In an academic year, Alexander College has three admission intake terms for University Transfer program: Fall (Sept-Dec), Winter (Jan-Apr) and Spring (May-July).
- BC Ministry of Advanced Education
- Degree Quality Assurance Board (DQAB)
- BC Education Quality Assurance (EQA) program
- BC Transfer System (BCCAT).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- University transfer study plans are created by Academic Advisors for each transfer student individually to reflect the student’s English level, high school prerequisites, and, more importantly, the intended university and program for their degree.
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation View 300 other Masters in Education in Canada
- Completion of Secondary Education (12 years, or equivalent) or mature student status, or post-secondary transfer.
- Aged at least 16+ years of age.
- All programs require evidence of English language proficiency.
International17400 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17400 CAD per year during .
National8550 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8550 CAD per year during .
Living costs for Burnaby
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Academic scholarships reward outstanding achievement in a specific discipline (e.g. commerce, psychology, etc.). Scholarships are offered in each major term (Fall, Winter, Spring).
- Further to our internal Scholarships, Alexander College is committed to student success by connecting students to external scholarships as well.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.