The Associate of Arts (Business) Degree is a foundational degree consisting of 64 credits in total, typically completed over a two-year period. Program requirements include a minimum of 24 credits in economics and a minimum of 12 credits in Commerce. Upon completion of the Associate of Arts (Business) Degree program, students may choose to enter the workforce or continue their undergraduate studies.
An Associate of Arts (Business) Degree may be transferable to the third year of a four-year bachelor’s degree program at a university. Some BC universities also admit Associate Degree graduates at a reduced GPA requirement.
International students completing the Associate of Arts (Business) Degree program at Alexander College are also eligible to apply for a Post-Graduation Work Permit.
In an academic year, Alexander College has three admission intake terms for Associate of Arts (Business) program: Fall (Sept-Dec), Winter (Jan-Apr) and Spring (May-July).
A concentration in Business allows students to explore their specific interests in the field, and makes possible a variety of career opportunities.
This degree can also qualify graduates for positions that demand greater responsibility than those achievable with a high school diploma.
With an Associate of Arts (Business) Degree, students can seek entry-level employment in advertising, banking, retail, business services, e-commerce, and marketing.
Examples of positions in these sectors include, but are not limited to:
- Accounting assistant
- Administrative assistant
- Assistant manager
- Bank teller
- Bookkeeping assistant
- Customer service representative
- Human resources assistant
- Marketing assistant
- Office assistant
- BC Ministry of Advanced Education
- Degree Quality Assurance Board (DQAB)
- BC Education Quality Assurance (EQA) program
- BC Transfer System (BCCAT).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The Associate of Arts (Business) degree program consists of the following course requirements, which must be completed with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or greater.
- 6 credits in first-year English
- 9 credits in science
- 12 credits in arts
- 24 credits in economics, including 18 credits in second-year economics
- 12 credits in commerce, including courses in management, finance, accounting, and marketing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesInternational Business Liberal Arts View 78 other Masters in Liberal Arts in Canada
- Completion of Secondary Education (12 years, or equivalent) or mature student status, or post-secondary transfer
- Aged at least 16+ years of age.
- All programs require evidence of English language proficiency.
International34800 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34800 CAD per year during 24 months.
National17100 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17100 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Burnaby
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Academic scholarships reward outstanding achievement in a specific discipline (e.g. commerce, psychology, etc.). Scholarships are offered in each major term (Fall, Winter, Spring).
- Further to our internal Scholarships, Alexander College is committed to student success by connecting students to external scholarships as well.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.