Delivered by expert teaching staff and health care practitioners. The full time BSc Adult Nursing (Hons) is a three year programme from University of Gibraltar where you will spend approximately 50% of your programme in the clinical environment supported by experienced registered nurses and other health care practitioners.
You will learn about adult nursing through lectures, seminars, guided self-study and online work through our Virtual Learning Environment (Canvas). You will also participate in tutorials, workshops, conferences and project work.
The University’s strong relationships with the Gibraltar Health Authority (GHA), the Elderly Residential Services (ERS) and other practice partners mean that you’ll enjoy meaningful and relevant placements throughout the programme.
These placements will see you put theory into practice and be an integral part of your journey to become a qualified nurse.
Example placements available:
- Accident and Emergency (A&E)
- Acute Mental Health
- Critical Care Unit (CCU)
- Day surgery
- Dementia Ward
- District Nursing
- Elderly Residential
- General and Specialist Medicine
- General and Specialist Surgery
Academic & Professional qualification
This degree confers both an academic award (BSc) and a professional qualification in nursing. Entry to the professional register held by the Gibraltar Nurses, Midwives and Health Visitors Registration Board (GNMHVRB). Students will be eligible to apply to the UK Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) once registered with the GNMHVRB.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Safe and effective quality care in adult nursing
- Co-ordinating the care of adults with complex health care needs
- Leadership in adult nursing
- Advancing professional practice
- Collaborative working for health and well-being in adults with long term conditions
- Developing professional practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 458 other Bachelors in Public Health in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Typically, all applicants should have one of the following:
- BBC at ‘A level’ (equivalent to 112 UCAS points), science or health related subject preferred or international equivalent.
- Science or health-based Access to HE course: Full Access Diploma with 45 level 3 credits and 15 level 2 credits of which 21 of the level 3 credits should be at Distinction and 18 at Merit.
- Other Level 3 qualification equivalent.
All applicants should have:
- 5 GCSE’s A*– C (grade 4 or above post 2017) including English Language and Mathematics (Science also preferred) (or international equivalent).
- Strong communications skills with the ability to communicate your ideas effectively in discussions, presentations and writing.
- Basic IT skills, such as word-processing, email and Internet.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.