This BSc Health and Performance Science (Hons) degree from University College Dublin addresses the application of sport and exercise science to high performance sport and to improving physical health, well-being and fitness across our life span.
If you have a particular interest in how sport and exercise science can be applied across numerous disciplines, ranging from adolescents and elite athletes to specific disease populations, then this degree is for you.
The programme places a large emphasis on practical skill-based teaching, giving students the opportunity to engage in active learning. This develops critical competencies in analysis, evaluation and testing.
Career & Graduate Study Opportunities
When you graduate, you’ll be skilled in the prescription and management of therapeutic exercise interventions in healthcare and sporting settings. You’ll also be an expert in the analysis and evaluation of human sports and exercise performance. Graduates can find employment in:
- Sport and exercise consultancy
- Health promotion
- Professional athlete or team support
- Exercise physiology
- Strength and conditioning
- Education and research
- Exercise Physiology
- Theory of Coaching
- Strength & Conditioning
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- The normal closing date is 1 February.
- Late applications are accepted up to 1 May except for categories of applicant (DARE, HEAR and Mature for most courses)
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration Health Sciences View 51 other Bachelors in Public Health in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University College Dublin and/or in Ireland, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants presenting the Irish Leaving Certificate (established) must have six recognised subjects, selected according to course requirements, and must obtain Grade H5, or better, in two subjects and Grade O6/H7, or better, in the remaining four subjects. For all courses in UCD, this must include Irish (unless exempt) and English.
- Irish, EU and EFTA students* are eligible to apply for admission to all undergraduate courses and apply via the Central Applications Office (CAO):
- For very high demand courses, a numerus clausus for EU applicants applies (i.e. based on the proportion of applicants achieving top grades from the various cohorts).
International26400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26400 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA6880 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6880 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Student excellence and achievement are recognised in UCD through a wide variety of scholarships and awards, which celebrate the diverse talents of our students. Many of these awards are highly regarded by employers and industry.
To award outstanding achievement and to attract students of the highest calibre from around the world, UCD is pleased to offer a number of Global Excellence Scholarships to international students.
These scholarships are competitively awarded based on academic merit and offered by country and/or by discipline. Students need to hold an offer before they can apply for a scholarship. Full terms and conditions apply.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.