Upon successful completion of the Dietetics (Hons) course at Coventry University you will have a thorough understanding of the physical and psychological components of nutrition, and importantly how to enable behaviour change. You’ll understand the barriers people face and the strategies which can be used to overcome those barriers which prevent successful adoption of healthier lifestyles.
Careers and opportunities
Becoming a registered dietitian can provide you with a gateway to a range of diverse and exciting career opportunities including: the media, food and pharmaceutical industry, public health, freelance dietetics, private health care and consultancy, sport and leisure industry, research and academia, working for government and non-governmental organisations.
Successful completion of this course provides eligibility to apply for registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) (additional costs may apply). It is a legal requirement that anyone who wishes to practice using a title protected by the Health Professions Order 2001 is on the HCPC Register.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Neurology and Ethical Decision Making
- Lifestyle Management of Diseases
- Gastrointestinal and Excretory Systems
- Paediatric Nutrition and Dietetics
- Critical Care and Hypermetabolism
- Developing Evidence Informed Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- 30 June - Late applications deadline
- 4 July - UCAS Extra closes
If you’re an international student and are interested in applying for a Foundation year, HNC, HND or Degree course then you’ll need to apply to us directly.
DisciplinesPublic Health Nutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences View 969 other Bachelors in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A level: ABB to include Biology. A-level Chemistry is desirable but not essential. Excludes General Studies.
- GCSE: Minimum 5 GCSEs graded 9-4 / A*- C including English Language and Mathematics, or specified equivalents.
- BTEC: BTEC Extended Diploma in Applied Science. DDM or above including: distinctions for 11- Unit 8:Physiology of Human Body Systems, Unit 9:Human Regulation and Reproduction, Unit 10:Biological Molecules and Metabolic Pathways.
- IB Diploma: 32 points to include grade 7 in Biology.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18050 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18050 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Coventry
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.