With marketing, management and impacts at the heart of the course, you will undertake real-life cases that bring destinations to life. You will also experience local and overseas destinations through a variety of field-trips, designed to help you understand the complexities and requirements of managing a tourism destination or enterprise. For information on trips and costs associated with field trips see ‘Field Trips’ and ‘Additional Costs’ expanders below.
You will study key subjects focusing on design, management, marketing, entrepreneurship and planning to really help you hone in on what it is to succeed in the tourism sector. As well as specialising in tourism, this International Tourism Management (Hons) programme from Swansea University will equip you with essential modules in business management, allowing you to develop a broader range of skills that will further ready you for a career in various tourism organisations, including small and large firms, the public sector and not-for-profits.
As an International Tourism Management graduate from Swansea, you will find yourself in a great position to secure rewarding employment at any business locally and internationally.
Whether your target is British Airways, TUI Group, Marriott International or your own enterprise, this degree makes you a strong candidate for any potential employer. Your next step could lie in any of these roles:
- Tourism Marketer, Manager or Planner
- Accommodation or Attraction Manager
- Destination Manager or Marketer
- Event Planner or Manager
- Outdoor Activity Provider
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Managing People
- Essential Analytic Skills for Business
- The Business of Tourism
- Personal Skills Development for Business
- Operations Management
- The Global Context of Organisation
- Tourism and Society
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership International Business Tourism & Leisure View 155 other Masters in Tourism & Leisure in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Offers for programmes in the School of Management are usually within the range of ‘ABB-BBB’ or equivalent.
- All applications are considered on an individual basis, with GCSE grades, AS Level subjects and grades, work experience, references and personal statement taken into account.
- Variable offers are made dependent on subjects studied.
- No A-level in Business, Economics, Maths or Accounting/Finance is required. We do not consider General Studies as an A-level subject for offer purposes. Students may combine A-levels with other qualifications below. GCSE Maths and English minimum C grade is also required.
- The School of Management will make offers to students with predicted (or achieved) IB of 32-33 or higher.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16400 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Swansea
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.