Mechanical engineering is the field of engineering that applies physics and the material sciences to develop machinery. Mechanical engineers use the principles of force, energy, and motion to improve the safety, efficiency, and technological advancement of the world around us.
With this Mechanical Engineering qualification from the Engineering Institute of Technology , you will have acquired the essential knowledge which underpins both this and other fields of engineering. More importantly, you will have become a mechanical engineering technologist.
Potential job roles include engineering and management positions in the following areas of expertise:
- Mechanical design and manufacturing
- Material fabrication
- Mechanical power
- Thermal power and diesel engines
- Mechanical engineering contracts, sales, commissioning and consultation
- Building systems
- Industrial operations and maintenance
- Mechanical project management and business development
- Automotive engineering
- Fluid mechanics, hydraulics, pumps and piping
This bachelor's degree is an academically accredited program by the Australian Government agency Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA) and provisionally accredited by Engineers Australia under the Sydney Accord.This qualification is officially accredited within the Australian Qualifications Framework by the Training Accreditation Council (TAC), and EIT is approved by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) for delivery by EIT in all Australian states. EIT delivers this program to students worldwide.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Engineering Mathematics
- Electrical Circuit Theory and Analysis
- Engineering Dynamics and Mechanics
- Engineering Design and Drawing
- Industrial Experience Research Project
- Engineering Mathematics
- Engineering Programming
- Hydraulics and Pneumatics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- You must submit your application at least one week prior to the start date to be considered for your desired intake.
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology General Engineering & Technology View 71 other Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS Course Code: 095815G
- 1. Year 12: Australian Senior Certificate of Education (or equivalent), completed within the past 3 years, with a minimum score of 60% in Maths;
- Applicants who have completed Yr 12 (or equivalent) more than 3 years ago will also need to demonstrate relevant work experience in the field of study applied for.
- 2. A relevant (to the sub-discipline) Engineering AQF Diploma or higher or a relevant (to the sub-discipline) overseas qualification equivalent to an Engineering AQF Diploma or higher which was completed within the last 10 years with successful completion of all Maths units/modules + recent industry work experience in a relevant field.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23500 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23500 AUD per year during 36 months.
National9750 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9750 AUD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Perth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- EIT International Science and Engineering Merit (ISEM) Scholarship
- EIT Women in Engineering Scholarship
- The EIT Dean’s Scholarship
- Relocation Grant
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.