As you discover how economics and economies have evolved over time you’ll gain a critical perspective on the economic choices affecting our daily lives and learn methods and techniques applied by economists in their daily jobs. You'll also gain valuable analytical skills, including applied data analysis, which are valuable to many employers.
Key features of the course
- Analyse key real-world topics about society, such as employment, markets and businesses, finance, new technology and government policy.
- Study and apply statistical methods to real economic problems using specialised software.
- Develop analytical and research skills that are valued by employers.
Skills for career development
This Economics diploma from The Open University UK will equip you with the knowledge and skills in economics and statistics that are relevant for a range of jobs. You’ll learn how to use statistical methods and software to analyse economic data; how to construct basic economic arguments using concepts, theories, models and evidence; how to think analytically; and how to work collaboratively. These highly transferable skills are in great demand in the workplace, and are relevant to a great variety of situations – whether you’re already working, volunteering or changing career.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- You and your money
- Economics in context
- Discovering mathematics
- Running the economy
- Analysing data
- Economics in practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Econometrics View 29 other Bachelors in Finance in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.
- It is important that you are well prepared to study mathematics at this level. So, before you register for this qualification, it is essential to check that you have the appropriate mathematical skills to study Discovering mathematics (MU123).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6336 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12672 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
National6336 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12672 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.