The students of the BA English Language and Literature offered by Unicaf Scholarships will study the linguistic systems underlying language, exploring in detail how the language is structured, acquired, used and taught. In addition, the relationship between text, language, reader and author, society, economy, politics, culture and the individual will be explored.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Academic Writing
- History of the English Language
- Introduction to Fiction
- Introduction to Poetry
- Language and the Brain
- Introduction to Phonetics and Phonology
- Teaching English to Young Learners
- Second Language Acquisition
- Postcolonial Theory and Literature
- Anglophone World Literature
- Exile and Diaspora
- Teaching English as a Second Language
- Developmental and Acquired Language Disorders
- Literature of the Refugee
- African Worlds
- Memory and Violence in Literature and Film
- Teaching English to students with atypical development
- Women Writers
- Children’s Literature
- Memoir and Life Writing
- Teaching in a Digital World
- Twentieth Century American Literature
- Modernism /Postmodernism
- Intertextuality and Literary relations
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Regular admission to a Bachelor’s degree programme requires the High School Leaving Certificate or equivalent.
- Applicants with a Diploma or Advanced Diploma may be considered for entry.
- Applicants with a Diploma or Advanced Diploma in a relevant area may be considered for credit transfer.
- Applicants who do not meet the minimum academic requirements but who have at least 2 years relevant post secondary professional experience may be considered for entry
- Proficiency in the English language is a pre-requisite.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.