What to expect from studying this Physics program
Our goal at The University of Alabama at Birmingham is to put you on track for a successful career in engineering, computer and information systems, research, health care, or teaching.
To begin, you'll choose to study either general physics or a specific concentration to fit your goals. Then, we'll want you into the lab early and often, so you can contribute to top-level research. In fact, we want you to work with faculty, publish peer-reviewed papers, and even present your findings at national conferences. This aggressive approach has allowed our students to compete for spots at the nation's top graduate and medical schools and land prestigious jobs at world-renowned companies. Interested in teaching? Earn your certification to teach physics or general science alongside your major with UABTeach.
- There's an increasing need for physicists, as the field is growing at a rate of 14 percent—faster than average (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics).
- Astronomy of the Universe
- Astronomy of Stellar Systems
- Astronomy of the Solar System
- Extraterrestrial Life
- Astronomy of the Universe Laboratory
- Astronomy of Stellar Systems Laboratory
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Astronomy & Space Sciences View 1531 other Bachelors in Physics in United States
- Submit your official ACT or SAT scores. Test scores included on an official high school transcript or submitted directly from ACT or College Board are considered official for admission purposes. UAB does not “superscore” ACT or SAT results; your highest composite score will be considered.
- Submit your PreACT or PSAT score in lieu of an ACT or SAT if you were unable to take the ACT or SAT. Score reports may be uploaded in the application portal.
- a completed application;
- a nonrefundable $40 application fee;
- official proof of English proficiency (unless English is your first language);
- official transcripts*. All documents must be sent in English.
International27750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27750 USD per year during 48 months.
National25500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25500 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State10710 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10710 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.