We aim to produce engineers who meet the educational needs for full Incorporated Engineer status.
The Power Engineering (Mechanical) (Hons) course from London South Bank University fully satisfies the requirements of the Institution of Engineering and Technology and partially satisfies the requirements for registration as a Chartered Engineer.
Students who complete the course successfully can find jobs with DNO’s (Distribution Network Operators such as UK Power Networks etc), National Grid, power producing industries such as gas and steam power plants, power utility companies etc.
This course was developed to meet the core knowledge required for the Integrated Power Engineer Apprentice standard L7 and differs very much from a standard undergraduate degree. Any student doing this course, outside the apprentice standard, will have the advantage of specific and specialist skills, putting them in a good position to secure relevant employment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Engineering mathematics and modelling
- Design and practice
- Engineering computing
- Thermofluids and Dynamics
- Electrical energy converters and drives
- Industry and environment
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering Energy & Power Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 822 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Level BBB including Mathematics (120 UCAS points) or;
- BTEC National Diploma DDM, including Level 3 Mathematics (128 UCAS points) or;
- EAL Technical Extended Diploma in Engineering Technologies, D, including: Further Engineering Mathematics; Mechanical Principles; and other options relevant to Mechanical Engineering or;
- Access to HE qualifications with 24 Distinctions and 21 Merits, with at least half the course in Mathematics and Physical Science subjects (122 UCAS points) or;
- Equivalent level 3 qualifications worth 120 UCAS points and including Mathematics
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14470 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14470 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.