In economics, you will study economic behaviour associated with a range of settings such as households, businesses and governments. Topics of Economics and Mathematics (Hons) degree at Keele University may also include the functioning of markets and the effects of fiscal and monetary policies. In mathematics, you will deepen your understanding of pure mathematics, applied mathematics and statistics.
- Barclays Bank
- Compass Group UK and Ireland
- Local Government
- British Gas
- Ernst and Young
- Natwest Bank
- Center Parcs
- Jaguar Landrover
- Co-op Bank
Regardless of which career you pursue after Keele, employers will want evidence of the range of skills and personal qualities you possess and which are required for the job. Your degree is clearly important in this respect but don’t forget the extra-curricular activities, positions of responsibility, jobs and voluntary work you may have been engaged in while studying at Keele. These activities allow you to demonstrate the skills and personal qualities required by employers and will be vital in your attempts to secure graduate employment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Intermediate Microeconomics
- Statistics with Bloomberg
- Open Economy Macroeconomics
- Differential Equations
- Contemporary Issues in Economics
- Computational Mathematics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Mathematics Applied Mathematics View 1016 other Bachelors in Mathematics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
A Level Requirements
- A Level requirement - ABD (Grade A in Maths)
- Grade B in Maths (or 6)
- Grade C Eng Lit (or 4)
- BTEC requirements - DMM in BTEC Engineering with Distinctions in: Unit 1 Engineering Principles, Unit 7 Calculus to Solve Engineering Problems, Unit 8 – Further Engineering Mathematics (optional)
- 30 points. Please contact our Admissions team if you do not have Grade B Maths at GCSE
Access to HE Diploma Requirements
- Obtain Access to Higher Education Diploma with 112 UCAS Tariff points including a minimum of 15 Level 3 credits at Distinction.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18900 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Keele
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
The following scholarships may be targeted at specific countries, subjects and talent areas. In some cases you may be required to make an independent application, for others the scholarship will be awarded automatically.
- KEELE INTERNATIONAL EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIP (UG)
£2,500 per year for students exceeding published entry requirements.
- DEVELOPING COUNTRIES SCHOLARSHIP (UG)
£1,000 per year for students who are nationals of the least developed, low and lower middle income countries (as defined by the World Bank).
- US FEDERAL STUDENT LOANS
Keele University is certified to award Federal Stafford and PLUS loans. Federal Direct Loans are provided by the US government.
- ARTICLE 26 ASYLUM SEEKER BURSARY
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.