Biochemistry modules cover five core themes: macromolecular structure-function, metabolism and its control, genetics, cell biology and the applications of chemistry in the study of these. The course will give you a broad and varied grounding in modern biochemistry. You will explore the structure and function of biological molecules and metabolic processes, core chemical concepts and their application to the biological sciences and molecular cell biology.
Jobs that a graduate of this Biochemistry and Biology (Hons) programme from Keele University could go on to do:
- Analytical chemist
- Physician associate
- Forensic scientist
- Science teacher
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Core Practical Skills
- Molecular Cell Biology
- Physiology and Anatomy
- Fundamentals of Biology
- Core Practical Skills
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Microbiology Biochemistry View 968 other Bachelors in Biology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
A Level Requirements
- A Level requirement ABC/BBB
- To include A level Chemistry OR AS Level Chemistry at Grade C and one A level Science at Grade C. Science subjects include Applied Science, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Environmental Science, Food Science/Technology, Further Maths, Geography, Geology, Human Biology, Maths, Physics, Psychology, Sports Science and Statistics.
- Maths at C (or 4)
- English at C (or 4)
- BTEC requirements DDM in a Science based subject, You must also have taken sufficient Science units, please contact us for advice
- 30 Chem HL at 5 OR Chem SL at 5 and Science HL at 5
Access to HE Diploma Requirements
- Obtain Access to HE Diploma with 122 UCAS Tariff points including a minimum of 30 L3 credits at Distinction. You must also have taken sufficient Chemistry units, please contact us for advice.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18800 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Keele
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
The following scholarships may be targeted at specific countries, subjects and talent areas. In some cases you may be required to make an independent application, for others the scholarship will be awarded automatically.
- KEELE INTERNATIONAL EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIP (UG)
£2,500 per year for students exceeding published entry requirements.
- DEVELOPING COUNTRIES SCHOLARSHIP (UG)
£1,000 per year for students who are nationals of the least developed, low and lower middle income countries (as defined by the World Bank).
- US FEDERAL STUDENT LOANS
Keele University is certified to award Federal Stafford and PLUS loans. Federal Direct Loans are provided by the US government.
- ARTICLE 26 ASYLUM SEEKER BURSARY
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.