Curriculums are focused on theoretical and ecological work with children from birth through adolescence, within a broad context of families, socio-cultural networks, communities, and societal influences.
Our Child Development and Family Studies graduates from North Carolina Agricultural & Technical State University find rewarding careers as: child care providers and administrators; family life and parent educators; infant, toddler, preschool and kindergarten teachers; child life specialists; home schooling coordinators; youth and Head Start Directors; family services professionals; family dispute mediators; Cooperative Extension educators; early childhood advocates; child and family development specialists; adoption and child protection services professionals; and professional development coordinators.
The program offers two bachelor’s degrees:
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) - Child Development and Family Studies (Child Development and Family Relations) - This curriculum prepares you to become a North Carolina state certified child care provider and administrator, and provides the option of becoming a Certified Family Life Educator (CFLE) through the National Council on Family Relations.
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) - Child Development and Family Studies (Child Development, Early Education and Family Studies - B-K Licensure - This curriculum prepares you for teaching young children (from birth through 5 years). Graduates earn the North Carolina B-K Licensure and other early childhood credentials necessary to teach infants, toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergarteners (with and without disabilities), and for work with young children and their families in multiple caregiving environments.
- Fundamentals of Alg. and Trig
- Ethics of Teaching
- Speech Fundamentals
- Professional Development and Ldrship
- Assess & Eval of Young Children7
- Applied Research in FCS
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Childhood Studies View 97 other Bachelors in Childhood Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at North Carolina Agricultural & Technical State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Complete Application
- Official High School and College Transcripts
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Complete, sign and return the International Student Data Form.
- Provide a photocopy of the identification page(s) in your passport or official document showing the correct name combination you will be using inside the United States and at the university.
- If you are currently in F-1 or J-1 status inside the United States provide the OIA with documents confirming your current legal status to include the Certificate of Eligibility (I-20/DS-2019), the I-94 (front and back), a valid passport and U.S. visa stamp pages, etc. You must complete the SEVIS transfer process.
International17050 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8525 USD per semester during 48 months.
National3540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1770 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Greensboro
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.