Texas A&M University Central Texas offers the only state-supported four-year professional pilot program in Texas. The Professional Pilot program is 100% online, so you can study to move forward in your career from home or anywhere with Internet access.
The Aviation Science-Professional Pilot program offers both junior- and senior-level coursework. All lower-level core aviation and flight courses are transferred into A&M - Central Texas, as we do not have a flight school.
This includes the required FAA Instrument Rating and the FAA Commercial Flight Certificate.
As a student in the Professional Pilot program, you will concentrate on aircraft flight operations and be further prepared though science/technology orientated coursework.
This program focuses on advanced aeronautical ratings complemented by business administration, management, and communication skills for professional pilots in the civil and military aviation industries.
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
- Comprehend technical aspects of advanced aircraft systems.
- Explain the laws, regulations, and legal issues affecting the aviation industry.
- Identify the issues affecting aviation safety and safety management.
- Communicate proficiency in writing and oral presentations.
- Evaluate the implications of an ethical dilemma from a variety of ethical frameworks.
- Demonstrate management knowledge proficiency.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Air Carrier Operations
- Aviation Techniques of Instruction
- Air Traffic Control
- Airport Management
- Aviation History
- Aviation Law
- Advanced Aircraft Systems
- Aviation Safety
- Aviation Security
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesAerospace Engineering View 9 other Bachelors in Aerospace Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Minimum 2.0 cumulative transfer GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Minimum 30 academic, college-level transferable semester hours
- Must be eligible to return to all previously attended institutions
- Applicants pursuing an Applied Science or Aviation Science degree may meet this requirement utilizing select workforce education credit from an approved Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree upon completion of 45 hours, to include all general education courses within the AAS.
International14744 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7372 USD per semester during 48 months.
National14744 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7372 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State4616 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2308 USD per semester during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.