This Health Science - Nursing Studies programme from University of Malta comprises both theoretical and practical components, with a diversified content that is designed to develop the students’ ability to draw upon the various types of knowledge, the appropriate skills and an understanding of an individual’s personal choices, to guide appropriate nursing action in a variety of settings.
The programme conforms to the European Union Directives on Nursing Education and secures recognition as a first level nurse across EU member states.
Career opportunities and access to further studies
Completion of this programme of studies leads to registration on the general section of the nurse register of the Council for Nurses and Midwives.
Diploma holders are able to work in a variety of clinical areas, including:
- Community and home care
- School nursing
- Acute hospital settings
- Long-term and rehabilitation settings
Diploma holders are eligible to apply to join part-time programmes offered by the Faculty of Health Sciences leading to a Bachelor’s degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Nursing the Older Adult
- Nursing in Paediatrics and Maternal Care Settings
- Clinical Placement
- Nursing Skills
- Perioperative Care Practicum
- Nursing in the Accident and Emergency Setting Practicum
- Care of Patients in the Orthopaedic Setting Practicum
- Care of the Patient in the Critical Care Settings Practicum
- Nursing Patients with Cardiac Problems Practicum
- Care of the Patient in the Oncology Setting Practicum
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing Health Sciences View 10 other Masters in Health Sciences in Malta
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To be registered as regular students in the Course, applicants must have obtained all the credits of the Preparatory Course, specifically related to the proposed area of study in the Higher Diploma, which shall extend over a period of one year of full-time study, immediately prior to the commencement of the Course.
- If by the end of the Preparatory Course, students do not successfully complete all the study-units and obtain the 60 ECTS credits they shall not be admitted to the Course.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10800 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.