- acquire a systematic and evaluative approach to study language pathology and communication therapy, whereby knowledge is acquired through the synthesis and application of various disciplines in particular linguistics, the behavioural sciences and the biomedical discipline
- understand the nature and development of human communication disorders which enables them to identify, assess, describe, evaluate, diagnose and manage effectively individuals with such disorders
- integrate theoretical knowledge and skills
- observe and work under supervision in various settings where a speech therapy service is delivered
- develop self-evaluative procedures which would enable them to become accountable and autonomous professionals
- orient themselves to a research based approach in order to prepare them to be involved in the advancement of knowledge in human communication and its disorders as practicing clinicians
- develop intellectually, personally and professionally
- keep abreast of new developments and changes in the profession.
Career opportunities and access to further studies
Suitable employment may be found with the local health services, specialist health services, schools, adult training centres, homes for the elderly, private institutions and non-governmental bodies.
Suitable career prospects are diverse, with significant opportunities for professional development and specialisation. Graduates would also be eligible to register for higher degrees.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Typical Development between 0 and 5 Years
- Grammar (Syntax and Morphology)
- Developmental Psycholinguistics: The Acquisition of a First Language
- An Overview of Psychology
- Developmental Psychology - Child and Adolescent
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Public Health Linguistics
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must satisfy the General Entry Requirements for admission, namely, the Matriculation Certificate and Secondary Education Certificate passes at Grade 5 or better in Maltese, English Language and Mathematics.
- Two passes at Grade C or better, at least one of which must be at Advanced Level and one at Intermediate Level, in Biology and in either English or Maltese.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10800 EUR per year and a duration of 48 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.