Mass casualty and terrorist attacks are on the increase in the current geopolitical climate as Australia grows its presence on the world stage. As a result, first responders have to be ready to manage and react to emergencies in very high-risk environments where their personal safety may be compromised. In this unique contemporary course, you will learn to plan and implement strategies and develop a range of clinical, critical-thinking, communications and leadership skills essential for the successful management of acute trauma. Highly relevant to members of the Australian Defence Force, police and ambulance services as well as all those involved at the advanced life support of victims of mass casualty and terrorist attacks, this course will equip you with the skills to quickly react and respond to these events.
The Graduate Certificate in Tactical Medicine is a professional development course aimed at training professionals to respond and manage trauma in high-risk environments where their personal safety may still be under threat. It will also allow those with relevant qualifications or experience to enter the fast-growing field of tactical medicine.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Direct Threat Care
- Medical Science Research Project
- Indirect Threat Care
- Prolonged Field Care and Casualty Evacuation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 6 months
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Complementary & Alternative Medicine View 31 other Masters in Human Medicine in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To be eligible for entry into this course, applicants must demonstrate one of the following:
- A completed Bachelor of Paramedic Science, or equivalent, with 1 year clinical operational experience at a minimum level of Advanced Care Paramedic; or
- A completed Bachelor of Nursing, or equivalent, with 1 year relevant clinical experience as a Registered Nurse; or
- A completed Diploma in Paramedic Science plus 1 year of unsupervised clinical operational experience; or
- Current or past employment as an ADF Combat Medic or Police Medic; or
- Current employment in a relevant field as well as evidence of a completed short course in Tactical Medicine.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15240 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15240 AUD per year and a duration of 6 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.