The extra degree of mathematical mastery that comes with the B.S. in Mathematics allows our mathematics education graduates to give their own students the full benefit of a deep understanding of mathematics and how it will be used in their university studies and careers. It also prepares our graduates exceptionally well for graduate school.
If you love mathematics and want to make a difference in the lives of young people, SDSU’s B.S. in Mathematics with Education Specialization is a great way to go!
This Mathematics - Teaching program at South Dakota State University will be a good fit if you:
- Are an analytical, logical thinker
- Enjoy solving problems
- Enjoy an intellectual challenge
- Have a strong work ethic
- Want to make a difference in the lives of young people
- K12 mathematics teacher
- Mathematics education professor and researcher (with additional education)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Written Communication
- Oral Communication
- Social Sciences/Diversity
- Arts and Humanities/Diversity
- The Mathematics Profession
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMathematics Teaching View 2469 other Bachelors in Mathematics in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Completed online application Note: New and transferring international (F-1 visa) undergraduate students should be at least 17 years of age by the time they begin their studies at SDSU.
- Grade Point Average (GPA)
New undergraduate students should have the equivalent of a 2.6 GPA on a 4.0 scale in the US
Transfer students who have completed 30 or more credits at another US college or university should have a 2.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Academic Records
- English Language Proficiency
- All new undergraduate students (not transfer students) are required to provide proof of their English language proficiency. Scores must be submitted within two years of taking the test. Students from certain countries and based on their educational background may not have to submit scores.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International11280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 376 USD per credit during 48 months.
National11280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 376 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State7770 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 259 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Brookings
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.