Upon completion of the Human Biology major, students will demonstrate understanding and application of evolution; biological structure and function; biological and biochemical pathways and transformations of energy and matter; biological systems; and biology, biochemical, physiological and structural aspects of the human body.
This Human Biology major at South Dakota State University will be a good fit if you:
- Seek well being for all
- Enjoy lifelong learning
- Enjoy diagnosing and finding solutions
- Have strong interpersonal skills
- Appreciate science and the scientific method
- Medical School (M.D. & D.O.)
- Physician Assistant School (M.S. - P.A.C)
- Dental School (D.D.S & D.M.D.)
- Chiropractic School (D.C.)
- Optometry School (O.D.)
- Physical Therapy School (D.P.T)
- Occupational Therapy School (D.O.T.)
- Mortuary Science
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cancer Biology
- Advanced Mammalian Physiology
- Developmental Biology
- Medical and Veterinary Virology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiology Human Medicine View 828 other Bachelors in Human Medicine in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
For admission to SDSU, we look for one of the following academic achievements:
- An ACT composite score or ACT superscore of 18 or SAT Math and Reading/Writing subscore total of 970 or
- Level 3 or higher on Math and English Language Arts Smarter Balance Assessment or
- A high school cumulative GPA of 2.6 or higher or
- A ranking in the top 60 percent of graduating class.
Students should also complete the following core courses with a “C” average or above:
- 4 years of English (or ACT English subscore of 18 or above).
- 3 years of advanced math—Algebra I and higher (or ACT math subscore of 20).
- 3 years of laboratory science (or ACT science reasoning subscore of 17).
- 3 years of social science (or ACT reading subscore of 17).
- 1 year of fine arts (or AP Fine Arts score of 3 or above) Includes vocal, instrumental and studio arts.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International11280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 376 USD per credit during 48 months.
National11280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 376 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State7770 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 259 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Brookings
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.