Very broadly, it seeks to teach students the importance and value of the design process and design thinking, promote the awareness and knowledge of the contributions of the profession to the health, safety and well being of people in the built environment, and to prepare graduates of the program to succeed as professional designers.
The curriculum of the major in Interior Design at South Dakota State University is interactive, haptic and performance based, offering problem solving experiences in all major areas of design practice (i.e. healthcare, retail, corporate, residential, etc.), in addition to areas of focused instruction including human factors and behaviors, materials, history, building systems and construction, building codes and regulations, lighting, acoustics and professional practice.
- Interior designer with commercial focus (retail, healthcare, corporate office, etc)
- Interior designer with residential focus (kitchen and bath designer, home remodeling, décor)
- Set and/or stage designer
- Museum exhibit designer
- Researcher and writer
accredited by the Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Factors and Behavior
- Design Tools
- Materials I and Lab
- Light and Color and Lab
- Interior Design Studio
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArchitecture Design Interior Design View 356 other Bachelors in Architecture in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Completed online application Note: New and transferring international (F-1 visa) undergraduate students should be at least 17 years of age by the time they begin their studies at SDSU.
- Grade Point Average (GPA)
New undergraduate students should have the equivalent of a 2.6 GPA on a 4.0 scale in the US
Transfer students who have completed 30 or more credits at another US college or university should have a 2.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Academic Records
- English Language Proficiency
- All new undergraduate students (not transfer students) are required to provide proof of their English language proficiency. Scores must be submitted within two years of taking the test. Students from certain countries and based on their educational background may not have to submit scores.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International11280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 376 USD per credit during 48 months.
National11280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 376 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State7770 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 259 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Brookings
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.