Whilst it will enable you to find work in a variety of positions in the chemical and process industries, many use this qualification as a stepping-stone to a degree course in chemical engineering. With good marks you may continue with study for the degree, BEng (Hons) Chemical Engineering or BEng (Hons) Chemical and Energy Engineering, which requires two years more study.
We acknowledge that at the heart of future Chemical engineering is a core understanding of fundamental engineering and there is a traditional path to an exciting and ever-changing career in a wide range of technology sectors. In this programme we have brought together the fundamentals of BTEC HND Chemical Engineering from London South Bank University to highlight and develop a deep understanding of the subject and open a wide range of career options from energy to food and drink, pharmaceuticals, and the financial and environmental sectors.
Graduates may work in Chemical Engineering companies as operations engineer, project engineer, or technical support engineer. Our vocational approach will make you an attractive prospect to employers – you’ll understand the theory, but also be able to apply your learning and skills to the workplace with confidence.
Or, like many graduates, you could top up your HND to degree level – complete the course and you’ll be eligible to join either the BEng (Hons) Chemical Engineering or BEng (Hons) Chemical and Energy Engineering in the second year. These programs focus on developing your skills as a chemical engineer and you'll find a wealth of sectors open to you: chemical industries, food and drink, pharmaceuticals, energy and oil and gas industries. You could run projects designing and simulating chemical processes or be a research and development engineer working on new plants, systems and processes.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Thermodynamics and heat transfer
- Fluids and separation
- Chemical engineering processes
- Computing for chemical engineering
- Engineering mathematics and modelling
- Design and practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry General Engineering & Technology View 1183 other Bachelors in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Level DDD or;
- BTEC National Diploma MMP or;
- Access to HE qualifications with 24 Merits and 21 Passes or;
- Equivalent level 3 qualifications worth 80 UCAS points
- Level 3 qualifications must include Maths or Science (chemistry preferred)
- Applicants must hold 5 GCSEs A-C including Maths and English or equivalent (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15900 GBP per year during 24 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
International undergraduate and postgraduate students scholarships:
- International Scholarships
- LSBU is offering scholarships and discounts to hundreds of students via our International Scholarships International Merit Scholarships
- We offer students pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate taught programmes with outstanding academic profiles a fee reduction of up to £4,000 on each full academic year's tuition fees.
- LSBU Loyalty Award
- We offer postgraduate Tuition Fee discounts for LSBU graduates progressing directly onto a postgraduate course and eligible alumni.
- ONCAMPUS London South Bank Merit Scholarship
- 25% fee reduction to ONCAMPUS London South Bank students progressing to university degree programmes.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.