Whilst enrolled on the Bachelor's in Film + Motion Design programme at University of Europe for Applied Sciences , you will learn exclusively from renowned lecturers within the creative industry and can use the professional equipment at University of Applied Sciences Europe which includes a green screen studio, VR equipment, an animation studio and many more for your study projects. UE focuses on your individual advancement in small learning groups and in a friendly, familiar and creative atmosphere. Through the interdisciplinary subject selection, a large number of practical projects, semester abroad and internships, you can actively shape your studies and career path.
With a future-oriented, accredited Bachelor's in Film + Motion Design, the UE offer you the opportunity to fully develop your artistic potential in a personal environment. Study in seven project-oriented semesters at University of Applied Sciences Europe in Berlin, the first institution to offer Film + Motion Design as a course of study and offer a wide range of optional courses.
Contents of the studies - semesters abroad, internships and more
In this predominantly project-oriented course, students will acquire basic design skills and the handling of current media technologies, as well as skills in the format-specific conception and realisation of moving images. In terms of the creative basics, you will deal with many facets of moving image design: storytelling, camera and light control, VR motion design, 2D and 3D animation and much more.
In practice-oriented seminars and through the interdisciplinary and international grounding of the university, you are prepared in this programme of studies in the best way to step into the media industry, in which both qualifications and your professional network count. In the course of your studies, you will develop a comprehensive portfolio of projects with partners from culture, research and business.
This programme is available at the Berlin study location.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
With the focus on time-based design, the Film and Motion Design course prepares you for a variety of current and future professions in the fields of film, animation, design, scenography and media art. Your job opportunities are as varied as the media landscape itself.
After graduation, you will be expected to have a wide range of interdisciplinary skills as a motion designer, digital designer or film designer. You will be employed or freelance for agencies, television stations, film or game productions, in the entertainment industry, the liberal arts, advertising or knowledge transfer, in the media production of museums, trade fairs, theatres and event stages.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 42 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Low cost of living
- Buzzing international city with a great lifestyle
- No German required (everyone speaks English)
- Campus in great location (city center, well-connected)
- Headquarters of many international companies and start-ups
- Great for entrepreneurs and freelancers
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Computer Sciences View 12 other Bachelors in Film, Photography & Media in Germany
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official translation of the English or German for those documents in different language.
- Recognised secondary school leaving certificate
- English language proficiency certificate (TOEFL or IELTS)
- Letter of motivation (one page)
- UE Art & Design questionaire
- Portfolio (5-8 examples of your creative work)
- Include up to 3-5 visual or interactive projects
- This might include illustrations, graphic novel spread, poster series, games, character development, photo essays, collages, paintings, sculptures, marketing or social campaigns, short films, animations, applications or websites, personal creative projects, as well as text-based conceptual projects.
- We are also interested in seeing excerpts from sketchbooks, contact sheets, and research development where applicable.
- The portfolio should be collected in a PDF format, and sent through WeTransfer or uploaded onto a website.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12110 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12110 EUR per year during 42 months.
EU/EEA9310 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9310 EUR per year during 42 months.
Non-EU Applicants only:
- application fee: EURO 3,000 (EURO three thousand)
Living costs for Berlin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
You can apply for a partial scholarship for the length of one semester. The selection process is managed by the university. Other options are school loans with flexible monthly payment options from financial institutions.
The University of Applied Sciences Europe (UE) is state-recognised and students therefore have various possibilities to finance their studies. One of these options is to apply for a scholarship.
UE offers its applicants several university scholarships to financially support the tuition fees, but there are also numerous external providers.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.