You'll have the opportunity to exhibit your final collection and your portfolios at the graduate fashion show at Derby Theatre. Students are given the opportunity to participate in competitions too.
Graduates from the Fashion Design (Hons) programme at the University of Derby have gone on to careers in fashion design, textile design for fashion or interiors, knitwear, sportswear and accessories design, fashion forecasting, illustration, PR, marketing, media, buying and merchandising, photographic styling... and lots more.
You'll get lots of opportunities to showcase your work and get yourself noticed. Some of our students took a collection to London Alternative Fashion Week.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Design, Research and Inspiration
- Discovering My Practice
- Design, Culture and Curiosity
- Thinking Through Design
- Design: Theory, Making and Meaning
- Entrepreneurial Design Project
- Social Design
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design View 218 other Bachelors in Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- UCAS points: 112 (up to 16 from AS-levels)
- Specific requirements at GCSE: GCSE Maths and English Grade C/Grade 4 (or above) or equivalent qualification
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14045 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14045 GBP per year during 36 days.
Living costs for Derby
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- You will need to apply separately for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship, the International Excellent Student Scholarship and the GREAT Scholarship, but all others are assessed for eligibility alongside your application.
- Our new EU Transition Bursary offers financial support to our European students. If you normally reside in the EU and are starting your undergraduate or postgraduate taught course in September or January , you could be eligible for this reduction in your tuition fees. If you have home fee status or have EU settled or pre-settled status in the UK, you are not eligible for international scholarships but you may be eligible for the Derby Achievement Scholarship.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.